Valentine’s Day is tomorrow! Hip hip hooray! Are you doing something special for your other half? If you haven’t bought or planned anything yet, we have a great recipe for you. And, we know most South Africans are a bit cash strapped, so we’ve made sure these delicious chocolate chip cookies won’t cost much.
Chocolate chip cookies recipe
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- ¾ cup of white sugar
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 ½ cups of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- In another large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric beater – or mix with a spoon with super speed arms – until fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour mix to the large bowl other ingredients. Mix together.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Add tablespoonfuls of mix to cookie sheets – about 5 cm apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until light brown.
- Let cool, then enjoy.
This mixture should make about 48 cookies. ♥
Also, check out our chocolate brownie recipe.