Are you looking for a time management tool to help you get more organised?
Some people have a knack for being organised. Their desks are usually tidy… They bring healthy lunches to work every day… And, they even manage to keep on top of their work.
And here you are, feeling like:
Misplacing files? Searching for emails? Sifting through loads of paperwork? Working hard but getting absolutely nowhere? Not coping at work is one of the worst feeling ever.
Distractions and disorganisation are the biggest time-wasters at work. The best way to boost productivity is to:
- Become super organised
- Minimise all unnecessary distractions at work
But how do you do this?
You need help – a time management tool.
In the chaotic world of business, time management is a crucial skill. Luckily, it’s easy to find all the best tools to help you organise every aspect of your life. Time management tools can effectively help you keep on top of all your tasks, freeing up time for more creativity and new projects!
What is a time management?
Time management is the ability to use your time effectively or productively, especially at work. A time management tool can help you plan and organsise your tasks within set deadlines. There are countless time management tools and techniques designed to help you keep track and stay on top of tasks. These tools can be used to help you in various aspects of your life, including daily home chores, studies, work and exercise plans.
You can get project management, day planners, note-taking programs, journals and other tools to help you keep organised.
Choosing the right tools
In today’s fast-paced world, it can be difficult to stay on top of all you have to do. You need to find the best tools to help you manage personal and professional responsibilities.
There seem to be new apps appearing almost every day. With the variety of apps available, it may be difficult to choose the best ones for you. If you’re worried about spending money on a tool that may not fit your needs, why not try a few free tools first. We’ve taken some time to research some of the top apps for you to explore.
Here are 4 time management tools for the office
Trello is one of my favourites. It’s easy to use and allows you to share your organisational boards with others. This is ideal for working teams. The best thing about Trello is that it is very visual. You can add files, due dates, color labels and even people’s faces to cards on your boards.
Over 50 million users have signed up to use this awesome app. Maybe it can help you?
Trello users can benefit from:
- Using both mobile and website apps (that work the same way)
- Sharing files, including documents, photos, videos and links, with others
- Adding cards to a list
- Creating to-do-lists on cards
- Updating others by commenting on cards
- Getting notified when deadlines are coming up
- Setting up simple or complex Trello boards
2. Google Keep
Do you love making lists? Well, if so, here’s your app!
Google released an app to help you make lists, store images and take notes. You can also use the app to keep up to date with work and manage your priorities. Sound helpful? Well, Google doesn’t ever fail to impress.
Like all things Google, the app has a straightforward interface. And, of course, is compatible with various platforms. You can share your Google Keep notes with other users. You can even convert text notes to a Google Docs file. Because Google loves to make your life easier!
Google Keep users can benefit from:
- A familiar Google services look
- A simple, easy to use interface
- List or grid display to showcase data in a way that suits you
- Colour coding and categorising items
- Being able to search for anything on the app
Here’s another list tool. This well-designed app is compatible with most platforms.
You will love Todoist! Mostly because of its smart and ridiculously good-looking interface. Plus, it has some great advanced features.
It lets you make cards for various tasks. And then, by adding notes and subtasks, you can reduce clutter on your to-do list. Give Todoist a try… It’s free and easy to use!
Todoist users can benefit from:
- Reducing clutter by minimising your project lists
- Using Todoist on any device
- Syncing instantly with Google Calendar to keep you on schedule
4. Google Docs
Used by many, disliked by few.
You’d be surprised by how much a collaboration tool can help you become more organised. That’s the best thing about Google Docs. It’s ideal for sharing files so that other people can view, add comments to and edit in real-time.
Another best thing about Google Docs is that all your files are stored online. So no more losing your documents.
Google Doc users can benefit from:
- Using various Google applications online, including documents, spreadsheets, drawings, web forms and presentations
- Dynamic editing and styling tools
- Automatic saving at regular intervals
- Multiple people can view, edit and comment on the documents
If you’re struggling to keep the lure of social media and other distractions out of your mind, FocusMe can help you. It is a fully-customisable tool that blocks online temptation, increasing productivity.
This app enables you to:
- Limit, ration or block time-wasting apps and websites
- Use powerful “force” mode when you need to go nuclear
- Build better working habits with no distractions
- You can try it for free, no card required
Let us know which time management tools for the office you use to keep organised.