Try out our tasty carrot cake recipe!
Who doesn’t love a delicious, moist carrot cake, infused with cinnamon?
If you’re wanting to bake an all-time favourite cake for your family or friends, you’ve landed on the right page. We’ve provided a tasty and easy to make carrot cake recipe, complete with cream cheese icing…
Our lovely carrot cake recipe is perfect for a tea-time treat, especially on a cold winter’s day. Enjoy!
- 6 medium sized carrots, grated with medium sized holes
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon/ mixed spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 90 ml plain yogurt
- 90 ml oil
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a +- 20 x 6.5 cm tin pan with baking paper. Put aside.
- Put carrots in a large mixing bowl. Put aside as well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt in the bowl and mix. Add mixture to carrots and toss together.
- Combine sugar, eggs, yogurt and oil. Whisk together. Add to carrot mixture and stir together.
- Pour batter into cake tin and put in oven for 45 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 160°C and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes – or until a toothpick poked into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- While the batter is in the oven, prepare the frosting. Whisk together cream cheese, butter and vanilla essence. Mix in powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Once you remove the batter from the oven, let it cool completely and then frost with cream cheese frosting! If you want, you can sprinkle on crushed pecan nuts.
Check out our 5 Ingredient Chocolate Brownies Recipe https://sabest.co.za/2019/02/5-ingredients-chocolate-brownie-recipe-love-in-the-form-of-chocolate/