If you’re not on the online blogging bandwagon, you’re at a great loss. Most of your competitors are probably reaping the sweet rewards of the convenient online platforms. Here are a few statistics I found on HubSpot – and they’re just about blogging.
- Small businesses, more often than not, see the biggest gains in traffic when they post more blog articles.
- Companies that blog 15 or more times every month get a whooping 5 times more traffic than those who don’t blog at all.
- Business to business companies generate 70% more leads by blogging just 1 to 2 times per month than those who don’t blog at all.
I came across Mailguard, an Australian based cloud security provider that provides information about phishing scams as well as demonstrates the company’s skills and abilities in their blog. Not only does the blog display useful, relevant content that their audience actually wants to read, but it also showcases the company’s skills and knowledge. This has helped them grow an interested audience and larger customer base. If you’re wanting to reap the same rewards, invest in a business blog today.
Here are the main benefits of having a business blog.
Drive more traffic to your website
No matter what the purpose of your website is, you need to direct traffic to it. This is how a business blog can increase your website traffic:
- Posting blogs to various social media platforms and sending blogs to a newsletter database give people a quick portal to your website.
- Also, every time you add a blog post, you have another indexed page on your website, which is another opportunity for you to show up on Google or other search engines.
Educate your audience
When it comes to writing niche blogs, there are people in your company with a wealth of knowledge that you can get to help generate content. Educating your audience about your products and services will increase their trust for your brand, making them more eager to follow your sales processes.
With more traffic coming through to your website, more leads are bound to convert. Plus, you can guide your audience through purchasing processes and build trust with them through your blog so that by the time they go to your website, they are ready to convert.
Improve trust with your brand
Like mentioned before, Mailguard demonstrated their industry knowledge and skills in their blog. Their blogging strategy helped them establish themselves as leaders in their industry. So, the best topics to post about are ones that resonate with your knowledge and your ideal audience.
Boost your SEO
You should aim to rank above your competitors for keywords relevant to your website on search engines. New, fresh content is a great SEO booster, especially if you have a proper content strategy that incorporates trending, relevant topics and important keywords and keyword phrasing. Keywords help your ideal target market find your website online. An SEO copywriter knows how to write professional copy that Google “approves of”. Following the best SEO practices is the best way to ensure your website ranks for keywords relevant to your products and services.