Ladies, it’s time to get fit!
Are you about to develop a new relationship with fitness? If so, then you’ve come to the right place! There’s no better time to get fit and strong than now. And, there’s no better way to start your journey to a healthier lifestyle than with the right kit!
If you’re feeling unsure of where and how to start working out, here’s a guideline to help you get kitted out and ready to go.
Let’s get organised! No matter what type of exercise you’re planning on doing, a workout bag will help you keep all your workout things organised.
Pack your workout bag before you go to sleep at night so that you’re good to go exercise the next day.
There’s no use gymming without a plan or a way to track your workouts. There’re so many different apps you can download onto your phone to help you make the most of your workout sessions. Here are some free apps (available for both for Android and IOS) that will help you get started:
- Strava Running & Cycling tracks running and cycling. It records your speed, course, distance traveled and time. It then combines all the collected data to show you your achievements and give you new challenges.
- 2. Lose It! This app is ideal for you if you’re wanting to achieve certain nutrition, wellness and exercise goals. It allows you to log all your food intake and exercises onto the app. It also has an inbuilt food planner to ensure you achieve your goals.
- 3. If you’re in need of a “personal trainer”, Skimble’s Workout Trainer is perfect for you. It will provide you with thousands of workouts, complete with audio and video instructions, to help you achieve your fitness goals. You can also set up a library to store your very own custom routines.
Buying clothes especially for working out is important. It helps you feel comfortable while working out and, at the same time, motivates you! You don’t necessarily have to buy the most expensive activewear, but at least buy clothes that are comfortable and easy to move in.
You can wear any baggy shorts, T-shirt, J-Tone top, leggings and/or tracksuit. Just make sure you have and a supportive women’s sports bra – there’s nothing worse than trying to exercise in an uncomfortable bra.
What type of workout are you going to do? This will determine what type of shoes you need. Here’s a basic idea of what type of shoes you need for various types of activities:
- Yoga: you usually don’t need to wear any socks or shoes.
- Strength training at the gym: you’ll need standard running shoes or comfortable sneakers.
- Running, cycling and competitive sports, like tennis, squash, hockey and soccer: you’ll need shoes specially designed for the activity.
Staying hydrated is important, especially during a workout. Buy a water bottle, preferably one with a sipper lid. Stay away from sugary sports drinks, especially if you are trying to lose weight, and just use your bottle for water.
A workout playlist
If you’re going to be hitting the gym or running, having a workout playlist is the best way to spice up your workout. What type of music should you have on your playlist? Anything you enjoy listening to! Just make sure you pack in your earphones too!
A positive attitude!
It’s time for you to get fit! A positive attitude is possibly the most important thing you need to help you get dug into your active lifestyle! Constantly tell yourself that you can do anything you put your mind to and you will excel.