This is what’s important to South African home buyers
Are you buying a new home? If you want to buy a home you can resell without any hassles, read on…
Here are the main things to consider when buying a home:
- Location. Is the home close to office parks, schools and malls?
- Security. Is the surrounding area safe? This is almost as important as the security on the actual property.
- Appeal – What is the age, size and layout of the home? Old houses have more issues. So, newer, well-structured houses are more popular.
- Demand – Is the market flooded with similar homes for sale? This often brings down the price of a home.
What else is important to South African home buyers?
Big entertainment areas
Big entertainment areas are popular because South Africans love to socialise. A typical modern house, for example, usually has big glass doors opening up onto an outdoor patio to extend the entertainment area.
Energy efficient solutions
Energy efficient homes are also popular. Therefore, modern buildings are naturally built or remodeled to be more energy efficient. Modern homes often have a lot of natural light, are well insulated and are better for the environment.
Homeowners are attracted to charm. They want something different – something that makes their homes stand out. Something such as an indoor zen garden, a breathtaking view or a glass roof.
But, when it comes to making sure your house is ready to sell, focus on adding value that appeals to most buyers, and not just a unique few.
Open plan design
An open plan design has become very popular for many reasons, such as:
- Making a small room feel bigger and brighter.
- Encouraging entertainment and socialising. If someone is busy in the kitchen, they can still interact with the people in the living room.
- Easing the flow between the living area, dining room and kitchen.
Hardwood floors as opposed to carpeting
Many homebuyers turn away from buying a home as soon as they see carpets, especially in the living areas. Hardwood floors are definitely more convenient, hygienic and, in most people’s opinions, better looking than carpets.
Believe it or not, people aren’t necessarily looking for a lot of outdoor space. Smaller gardens hold appeal for various reasons. They:
- Offer more security
- Need less maintenance and attention
- Use up less water
The following small finishes are important to home buyers:
- Modern balustrades for around the pool or balcony
- Quality kitchen countertops and cabinets
- Beautiful kitchen backsplashes
- Neatly painted exterior and interior
- New door handles
- New bathroom and kitchen faucets
- Modern showers, baths, toilets and basins
Visit FedGlass for more information on glass interiors and backsplashes.
Go To FedGlass
Drop a comment! What else is important to South African home buyers?